Talk For Me - Text to Speech
For iPhone and iPad
Not being able to speak on your own is difficult. Talk For Me - Text to Speech, designed and engineered by a person who lost the ability to speak, seeks to make your life easier. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iOS device will talk for you. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up and up again for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete. Can you type fast or need to spell a word? Turn on the Auto Speech Function to have every word or letter spoken as you enter it. Together with keyboard shortcuts, predictive text and your custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices*, including the Alex voice**
• Enhanced Quality Voices***.
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) - Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
* Languages currently supported are English (US) (AU) (UK), Spanish (MX) (ES), German, French (FR), Dutch (BE) (NL), Chinese (CN) (HK) (TW), Korean and Japanese.
** Alex is English (US) only. To use the Alex voice you have to first download it to your iOS device. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices -> English -> and select Alex to download the voice. (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later).
*** To use the enhanced quality voices, on your iOS device, open the Settings app, go to General > Accessibility > Speech > Voices > and tap to download the enhanced version of the desired voice. At the present time, the following enhanced voices are supported:
English (US) Siri Female "Nicky", Siri Male "Aaron", Alex, Ava, Samantha "Sam", and Tom
English (UK) Siri Female "Martha" and Siri Male "Arthur"
English (AU) Siri Female "Cathy" and Siri Male "Gordon"
Spanish (MX) Paulina and Juan
Spanish (ES) Marisol and Jorge
German (DE) Siri Female "Helena" and Siri Male "Martin"
French (FR) Siri Female "Marie" and Siri Male "Daniel"
Dutch (BE) Ellen
Dutch (NL) Claire and Xander
Chinese (CN) Siri Female "You-Shu" and Siri Male "Li-Mu"
Chinese (HK) Sin-Ji
Chinese (TW) Mei-Jia
Korean (KO) Yuna
Japanese (JP) Siri Female "O-Ren" and Siri Male "Hattori"